Monday, August 17, 2009

4th of July Family Party

This Fourth of July was very different from all the others I have experienced so far. For the last three years I have talked about running in a race, but talk only no action and this year I decided to train and actually do it. My friends Carp was also going to race with me, but bailed out the last few weeks cause of an injury. I had been running three to four times a week three miles and my goal was to run it in 29 min or at least not walk any part of it. To those that run I know that sounds weak, but it is where my running or jogging level is at. I actually accomplished my goal and ran it in 28:37 min, but thought I was going to die. I started the race thinking I needed to be out in front of the pack and pulled my hamstring or something in the top of my right leg and wanted to cry. During the last mile I so wanted to walk cause I then got a sideache which I had never had running before, thank heavens for my parents showing up because at the corner I was near my end ready to walk a bit and saw my parents cheering me on. I COULD DO THIS and at the end of the race was Jared and Jordon I am sure praying I would come across that finish line. That afternoon we had a lunch at our home and then spent the evening with Tera and her family watching the best fireworks in IF. Way a perfect day, well perhaps not perfect I swore I was going to die during the race, but it ended perfect. Thanks family!!!!!

No comments: